Child Care Licensing
MISSION: To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in regulated child care programs. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and enforcing health and safety standards for child care programs.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established health and safety standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about regulated child care.
Developmental Screening ASQ
Our statewide developmental screening program will train early care and education providers to use developmental screening tools and share screening results with parents. We aim to help early care and education providers connect children and families to community resources for child development.
Early Childhood Utah
Early Childhood Utah (ECU) is a statewide early childhood systems group. The broad purpose of ECU is to improve Utah's early childhood system, in order to help ensure that all children receive the care and support they need to enter school healthy and ready to learn.
Office of Home Visiting
Our Mission: To promote a coordinated service continuum of research-informed home visiting that supports healthy child development and ensures the safety of young children and family members by:
- Developing state infrastructure to support home visiting
- Supporting a local continuum of services
- Providing training and technical assistance to local programs
- Securing Sustainable funding
- Evaluating outcomes and quality of services
Strengthening Families is a research-based framework that helps early childhood programs support the families they serve to develop five protective factors. Research shows that when these factors are present in families, the likelihood of child abuse and neglect is reduced, and optimal child development is enhanced.